When I am confronted with my thoughts, I must choose the former and reject the latter. I must act on the good ones and I must choose wisely… What to say, how to respond, what to do, how to plan. My response to these multitude of thoughts will determine my destiny, not only for the day, but for my future. Because, you see, there is a cumulative effect… the response to my thoughts today will shape tomorrow. And tomorrow will shape next week. And next week will shape next month. And so on… well you get the idea!
Also, my thoughts and responses not only effect me, they affect everyone I interact with. That's one reason I love baseball and coaching it. I see everyday how my responses to my kids has either a positive or negative affect on them. Every response either helps them or hinders them. It's just like life.
I was reminded of this today when I saw a quote from Zig Ziglar. If you've never heard of him, look him up. He will inspire and motivate you… a lot of wisdom in what he said.
Here are a few…
- Every Choice you make has an end result
- Don't let the mistakes and disappointments of the past control and direct your future
- Duty makes us do things well, but love makes us do them beautifully
- Failure is a detour, not a dead-end street
- Remember that failure is an event, not a person
- There has never been a statue erected to a critic
- You attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude in life
And some reinforcement from the WORD…
- Hebrews 4:12… "For the WORD of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the THOUGHTS and ATTITUDES of the heart."
- Proverbs 23:7… "As a man thinks in his heart, so is he."